At a glance:
- UID is all about providing a unique identification number to a "resident" (not citizens) and not about smart cards.
- Most of the one billion plus population has been to be given an ID, a huge task indeed.
- After all, "inclusion" is the primary purpose. If we leave behind 1/3 of our country without "connecting" back to the system, it's only a question of time before they eventually revolt.
- Hopefully, Nandan can influence policy makers to find a reason for people at the bottom to stand in line and get an ID.
- Uniqueness is critical provided everything is duplicated in this country. That's surely a challenge.
I am quite excited about this project and will be blogging quite often. Keep following!